Re: 10.2.0.1 trace uncommitted inserts

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

David:

# I have, but apparently you didn't comprehend the text.  Read the post prior to Mladen's stating that the vendor can't figure out why this isn't working; any vendor that can't figure out their own product is suspect in my book, too.

We have one posting from someone "claims" the vendor cannot figure out what is going on. Sometimes vendors are provided incomplete information believe it or not. Sometimes vendors work with people running applications on unsupported environments or old versions of applications believe it or not. Running critical applications on unpatched Oracle base releases is not always a good idea believe it or not.

The original poster does not apparently know about setting a 10046 trace. More than one person implicated in not having the ability to figure out what is going on at least in my mind.

Based on one limited posting jumping on the bandwagon claiming the vendor cannot figure out what is going on seems a little hasty.

Recommending that people consider implementing triggers to help debug a vendors application given the current amount of information in this thread also seems a little hasty.

Just my opinion ... Received on Fri Apr 29 2011 - 19:00:01 CDT

Original text of this message