Re: Do we need multiple REDOLOG member if it is already on SAN box?

From: charles <dshproperty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

> This is not exactly a new type question.  Various people will have
> different answers here.
>
> On most of my dev/test databases ... no I don't use it multiple
> members in a redolog group usually.
>
> Production databases I will go case by case.  Highly critical systems
> sure why not.
>
> Have I ever lost a redolog group or just one member of a group?  Not
> so far ...

Here is our SA's comment

I'm NOT fine with this but please remember that I HIGHLY recommend against this. It is a best practice to never do software raid which is what you are basically doing. This is very old practice when you don't have the infrastructure that we have. Received on Fri Apr 29 2011 - 14:12:07 CDT

Original text of this message