Re: Oracle mod_plsql - parameter entry methods

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:52:11 +0100

In article <4daefa67$0$6824$5fc30a8_at_news.tiscali.it>, yossarian99 _at_operamail.com says...

> Jeremy wrote:
>
> > http://myserver.mydomain.com/dad_name/myproc?p_param1=goodbye
> >
> > In the above URL we are specifying the parameter names to the plsql
> > procedure explicitly.
> >
> > I have a vague recollection of an alternative URL composition which
> > would mean that the parameter names need not be specified - but the
> > recollection is indeed so vague and now I don't know if I imagined it or
> > maybe was thinking of a different language.
> >
> > Has anyone got a clue what I am asking for?
>
> Perhaps are you talking about "Flexible Parameter Passing"?
>
> http://vanbortel.blogspot.com/2006/09/modplsql-and-flexible-parameter.html
>
> But the parameter names must still be specified...

That's what I was looking for - thanks!

The parameter names do not have to be named in the URL - you can call them what you want and they get passed to a generically named array....the documentation says this:

procedure [proc_name]

     (name_array IN [array_type],
     value_array IN  [array_type]);

Thanks for your help.