Re: RMAN Archive logs

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 01:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

CATALOGing the ArchiveLog does NOT mean that it is backed up ! The archivelog remains "in place". You have to explicitly run a BACKUP ARCHIVELOG .... command.

The "arc_...." name follows from the FORMAT that you have specified in the BACKUP command.

(and when you say "include archivelog", I believe that you mean "plus archivelog").

On Apr 6, 2:19 am, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:

> I noticed something, archive logs processed by the normal RMAN process
> have a backup piece name:  arc_03282011_NI00_110018.
>
> But if I move it and catalog it, it still has the normal archive log
> name:  arch_1_141388.638873632.arc

Hemant K Chitale Received on Tue Apr 19 2011 - 03:45:34 CDT

Original text of this message