Re: Separate ASM disk group for online redo log files?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Guru:

# These sorts of "problems" are the reason DBA's need to take a few courses in System and SAN administration.

Be specific here ... what exactly are these "alleged" problems? I for one have no idea where you are trying to stray here.

You seem to have a lot of attitude here in this newsgroup. Let me guess ... you charge people for these "courses" that you want some people to take.

The oracle OCR stuff has been a nightmare for many people. I guess you cannot get away from using Oracle clusterware any longer when running RAC. One additional argument in my mind for considering why you probably don't need RAC. Received on Mon Apr 11 2011 - 20:39:06 CDT

Original text of this message