Re: RMAN Archive logs

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 20:19:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:19:35 -0700, The Magnet wrote:

> Just a question about RMAN. We have the 'include archive logs' clause
> in our configuration. Problem is sometimes out archive destination
> location gets filled. So, I wrote a script to move them to the RMAN
> location and catalog them.

Well, in Oracle 11g there is a brand new option which enables you to say "BACKUP ARCHIVELOG UNTIL TIME 'SYSDATE - 1/48' DELETE INPUT" or, alternatively,
"BACKUP ARCHIVELOG ALL DELETE ALL INPUT" Rumors are that in version 12g of Oracle it will be possible to do something like
"BACKUP AS COMPRESSED BACKUPSET ARCHIVELOG ALL DELETE INPUT" If your rman is connected to the catalog, the backup of those deleted archivelog will be automagically cataloged.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com