Re: ASM for single-instance 11g db server?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:49:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:14:34 +1000, Noons wrote:

> Indeed. The only serious advantage I can see with ASM. Then again: how
> many times in life does one need to transfer TB dbs from EMC to NetApp?

Hmmm, I might need to do something like this soon. The company that I work for is using 3Par storage. HP bought 3Par and is now offering an EVA model as replacement. Depending on the outcome of the deal, I may have to move things around a bit. I was planning to use physical standby databases but now you got me interested. What provisions are there in ASM to do that? Can you give me some clues? How would I do that? Failure groups?

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com