Sequence value after data refresh

From: sankarKK <xtapas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

hi ,

after refreshing testdb from proddb I'm having an issue

 We have 100 records in a table in testdb. Sequence=100.

    200 records have been copied over from proddb. Sequence is still 100.
When we try to insert next record, trigger tries to insert value 101 for the
sequence, and it causes error (value not unique). So, value of sequence has be
be taken from the db where we get data.
I'am confused that user has been dropped with cascade, so all objects have been dropped in testdb, imported newly from proddb, how sequence value is showing old nextval.

thanks
tcy Received on Thu Mar 31 2011 - 12:56:06 CDT

Original text of this message