Re: RMAN CONVERT DATABASE

From: BillPedersen <wmapedersen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:26:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 29, 8:59 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bill:
>
> # Thoughts?
>
> How about a straight up impdp using network link?

I guess the other thing is I did not see much/any discussion on it in the 10g2R documentation set...

Found some notes online, will review.

From what I can see, I would suspect I need to have "target" database in the destination - one which can be "blown away" and then it is a matter of logging into both systems, setting up the link and then starting the expdp and then the impdp processes on SQLplus with the full=y option on the expdp.

Does one need to do the same sort of PL/SQL recompile on the target as discussed with RMAN CONVERT process? I did not yet see any discussion around that.

Thanks,

Bill. Received on Tue Mar 29 2011 - 22:26:02 CDT

Original text of this message