Re: rollback schema changes

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:20:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:25:44 -0700, prunoki wrote:

> The goal would be to undo the effects of a faulty script which generates
> an error midway, but has made several alter tables and such. If I want
> to run the full, corrected script again, it would be nice not to spend a
> day performing a restore.
>
> Regards,

That's what an export is for. Before changes on a schema, always export the schema. The people turned into enemies by the "web 2.0" would know that. The dreaded "DBA" was expected to know how to manage software installation, but the "DBA 2.0" is expected only to know which button on the OEM to click. You, apparently, have the DBA 2.0 who didn't read the installation plan and screamed when seeing that the plan doesn't include the prior export.
Alternative is the "flashback database" command, which might work if your undo tablespace is large enough. That, however, will not roll back only one schema. If there is a physical standby, you can try it there, too.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com