Re: Particular file (PDF) cannot be loaded into Oracle BLOB. Makes sense ?

From: onedbguru <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 24, 2:06 pm, Jeremy <> wrote:

> In article <XsLip.726032$>,
> says...
> > I'm still in doubt with all Oracle support told me about the files
> having to
> > be "supported" (or be of an Oracle "known" type).
> I think that is utter rubbish. It's just bits.
> --
> jeremy

Yes, bits is bits except when you take a binary file and add CR/LF pairs when it shouldn't. IIRC, there is/was a switch somewhere that caused SAMBA to leave the file alone an not try to "translate" it - it behaves as if the file is transferred to the SAMBA share on VMS in ASCII mode which adds the CR/LF because it is not smart enough to know that it is a binary vs a text file. Received on Thu Mar 24 2011 - 17:58:17 CDT

Original text of this message