Re: How to convert data with different charsets into other databases?

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:58:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:07:34 +0100, Svend Jensen wrote:

> As mswin1256 is a "richer" (more characters & signs defined) than
> we8iso8859p1, You will loose stuff when saving in the "narrow" charset.
> To avoid this create your databases with a larger charset as utf8 or
> al32utf16, or whatever is fitting Your needs.
> /Svend

I don't understand why would anyone need anything but US7ASCII? The database world would be so much simpler, if only everyone spoke English. When I say "English", I don't mean the exotic versions with the wrong spelling, like "doughnut", "colour", "humour" etc. </duck>

04/01 is close enough to send a post like this.