Re: How to convert data with different charsets into other databases?

From: Svend Jensen <svend.SPAMKILLjensen_at_secret.dk>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:07:34 +0100

On 2011-03-02 08:49, Shahabeddin Hosseinkhah wrote:
> hi
> we want to use database link to connect a Database for operating the
> select,update or ... commands,our destination database is WE8ISO8859P1
> and current database is AR8MSWIN1256 cahrset, but when we operate a
> command to view data,all NonEnglish characters appear odd wich we can
> not recognize the appeared text, also if we use convert function no
> change would make, please help us to view right charachters with our
> database link.
> thanks

As mswin1256 is a "richer" (more characters & signs defined) than we8iso8859p1, You will loose stuff when saving in the "narrow" charset. To avoid this create your databases with a larger charset as utf8 or al32utf16, or whatever is fitting Your needs.

/Svend Received on Thu Mar 24 2011 - 15:07:34 CDT

Original text of this message