Re: Particular file (PDF) cannot be loaded into Oracle BLOB. Makes sense ?

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:47:33 -0400

I found what is wrong with the file.
Someone asked if I was using Samba and yes, I do (in fact it is Pathworks/Advanced Server which is based on Samba).

When the file is moved from Windows to VMS using Samba, then back to Windows. No problem.
But the same file (sitting on VMS) is not loaded properly in Oracle for some reason.

If I copy the file from Windows to VMS with FTP, I can successfully load it into Oracle and retrieve it intact.

File attributes are different (on VMS) when the file gets there via FTP vs Samba. Somehow it does not matter to Samba and Acrobat, but Oracle does not like it.

Problem solved.
I'm still in doubt with all Oracle support told me about the files having to be "supported" (or be of an Oracle "known" type). Anyways.

Thanks to all
Syltrem Received on Thu Mar 24 2011 - 12:47:33 CDT

Original text of this message