Re: Oracle 10g Release 2 OpenVMS I64 V8.4 porting OpenBravo ERP

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:11:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 10:19 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bill:
>
> # Honestly, I am skeptical at the possibility that the query is "bad"
> or  "malformed" and more suspicious of the ACCVIO on the NETV2 server
> process.
>
> Being skeptical is always a good thing.
>
> It sure looks like you have an error message in your output.  That
> error message appears to give a specific SQL query as causing a
> problem ... with "no more data" possibly involved.

Last time I was on VMS (which is like 16 years ago), it was notable for doing things like giving you an access violation for not having enough privilege on something obscure, so the support joke was to tell people to increase their quota, which would magically solve many problems, including not following installation directions, plus they'd have to get the privs needed to increase quota to get a big enough working set.

So for Bill's situation, it could be something like, the java asks for too much of something, the OS says "screw you," the openbravo says "oh, the sql didn't work," reporting the accvio and a sql didn't work error - which was that it didn't get any data.

Wild speculation, of course, an important thing is to check the sql elsewhere as you suggested, though it can be a real pain to get the context right with this kind of software stack. VMS has plenty of instrumentation, but that needs plenty of specialized training.

> While you are doing other setup and other testing can you isolate the
> specific query and prove it good ( or bad )?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"my money has already been printed"