Re: RAC question
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 13, 2:21 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:46:57 -0700, John Hurley wrote:
> > I have to think that not a lot of people are trying to go from a 9i
> > single instance database directly into an 11.2 RAC setup. Many people
> > would do the RAC setup and migrate data into it via one of several
> > means.
> John, with all due respect, I believe that this discussion is missing the
> point. there is no 9i in the story. For 9i upgrade project, my questions
> are answered to my satisfaction. I am asking for the experience with 10g,
> as there is another project looming.
Now that we have established what has transpired thus far, let's get into the actual problem.
- you have a 10g single instance database on 11gR2 ASM which is a part of multinode cluster.
- you have both 10g and 11g RAC binaries on all nodes in the cluster
- database is still 10g single instance.
What steps were taken to attempt to convert the 10g Single Instance to 10gRAC?
At what point did this fail?
What errors were incurred that said it was "not working".
Rather than continue to fight with 10g, I would suggest:
- upgrade the single instance to 11g
- convert the 11g single instance to RAC using rconfig.