Re: Desperately looking for Oracle 7.2.3!!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:37:31 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 10, 3:34 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> I will remember this the next time someone mentions not upgrading a
> "stable" system.  You have my sympathies.

There is a slight difference between not upgrading a "stable" system and grossly exceeding all the lifetimes and lifecycles of the hardware and software...

Mind you: our last 7.3 db was on a server that had rust coming off the sides and needed a whack on the disk drives in order to boot after a power fail.
You cannot imagine the fight I had to bring it to 10.2. It took an almost unrecoverable db crash to convince the PTB that it might be a good idea...
It's now in the first db that will be upgraded to 11gr2. Received on Wed Mar 09 2011 - 14:37:31 CST

Original text of this message