Re: ORA-01436: CONNECT BY loop in user data

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 09:36:16 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 8, 8:26 am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
> "Nimish Garg" <nimishs..._at_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 87722963-b776-4c5f-ae6c-d7e4a6649..._at_i39g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
> On Mar 8, 2:30 pm, "Preston" <dontwant..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>

> > Nimish Garg wrote:

> > > It is not just about promoting, it is also about sharing information.
>
> > Nimish, posting links to your blog to answer specific questions would
> > be fine; posting random links like this isn't - it's considered spam.
> > Imagine what would happen if the thousands of people with an Oracle
> > blog or website did the same? This group would instantly become
> > unusable.
>
> > If you want to let people know about your blog, put a link to it in
> > your .sig so anyone who's interested can see it when you reply to other
> > people's posts.
>
> > --
> > Preston.
>
> Preston,
>
> I am not spamming on this group, as many other r doing with their
> adult content.
> and also i am not posting many links of my blog here on regular
> interval.
> if u see my post there r only 2 links of my blog in 4-5 day, that cant
> be called spamming.
> And also when it is somehow related to this group only.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Nimish Garg
>
> --------------------------
>
> One link is sufficient to be a spam when it is inappropriate and yours are.
> In addition, in a professional newsgroup or forum do not use IM/SMS speak,
> it just shows your childish level.
>
> The rule is simple in this forum: if you have an answer to a question post it;
> if your blog answers to a question post the link; in your .sig you can put a link
> to your blog but for this you must *first* have an answer to a question.
>
> When everyone says you are wrong, you should think about it, maybe you
> are really wrong whatever you thought till now.
>
> Regards
> Michel

I can see it's time to update http://dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm#subj17 (when I get around to it... ;)

Preston, let me know how much credit you want for a paraphrase/quote of
"Nimish, posting links to your blog to answer specific questions would be fine; posting random links like this isn't - it's considered spam. Imagine what would happen if the thousands of people with an Oracle blog or website did the same? This group would instantly become unusable.

If you want to let people know about your blog, put a link to it in your .sig so anyone who's interested can see it when you reply to other
people's posts. "

I obviously can't link to a disappearing post. I like your wording.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/01/mad-catz-buys-flight-simulator-company/