Re: patch

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:01:26 +0000 (UTC)

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> On 02/28/2011 06:13 PM, joel garry wrote:
> [snip!]
> > Some people think this group is dead, but well-composed posts can
> > bring all sorts of experienced people out of the woodwork.
> [snip!]
>
> It's been buried under spam and more spam. CDO.tools and this
> other CDO groep I gave up completely, and this one I scan
> just every now and then.

If you use a proper usenet server & client software (both of which are free), much of the spam is never even propogated by the server, & the rest can be taken care of with a few killfile rules.

Unfortunately you still get to see some of the spam threads thanks to the people who inexplicably feel the need to reply to them, which is particularly annoying when they include the full text of the original (yes Mark I'm looking at you...).

Send abuse reports by all means (I frequently do myself), but please, please stop replying to spam on the group.

--
Preston.