RAC help needed

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:41:19 +0000 (UTC)

I converted a single instance to RAC manually. I re-created the control file, I added & enabled an additional logfile thread, additional undo space and everything works as needed:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release - Production With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> select * from v$active_instances;

There is only one little problem:
-bash-3.00$ srvctl status instance -i vmsp1 -d vms_p
PRCD-1027 : Failed to retrieve database vms_p PRCD-1035 : vms_p is the database unique name of a single instance database, not a cluster database

How can I explain to clusterware what did I do? I am reluctant to open a TAR, it will take days. Does anybody know off hand?

http://mgogala.byethost5.com Received on Thu Feb 24 2011 - 16:41:19 CST

Original text of this message