Re: Renaming Partitions

From: Adrian <bulleid_at_ffoil.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:06:16 +0000

In message
<41ee1a5b-59d7-4791-a201-27418d92b061_at_o10g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>, onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com> writes
>What is your problem with PL/SQL? look at high_value in
>dba_tab_partitions. this is a "long" field, so you will need to do
>some parsing. I have a "get_high" procedure I use to find this value,
>but not here at home. Once you create the procedure and grant it to
>public or whatever your security model is, you should have no
>problems.

The "problem" with using PL/SQL is that I would prefer to use a nutcracker to crack a nut. Technically or otherwise, there is no reason why I can't do, but I was hoping that there might be a one liner (as there is via alter table).

Adrian

--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops