Re: Renaming Partitions

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:47:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:54:58 +0000, Adrian wrote:

> I know I can use ALTER INDEX x RENAME PARTITION y TO z, but to do that I
> have to work out what partition SYS_xxxx really is.

I was just about to point you to the documentation which says that:

http://tinyurl.com/4hstv83

There is even a simple example:

Renaming an Index Partition: Example The following statement renames an index partition of the cost_ix index (created in "Creating a Range-  Global Index: Example"):

ALTER INDEX cost_ix

   RENAME PARTITION p3 TO p3_Q3;

You apparently know this. I don't understand what the question is?

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com