Renaming Partitions

From: Adrian <bulleid_at_ffoil.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:54:58 +0000

Oracle 11.1.? on Linux

We are using partitioned tables, partitioning by interval, so partitions are automatically created as we need them. Part of the loading process renames the partitions from SYS_xxxx to a more meaningful name (ALTER TABLE x RENAME PARTITION FOR y TO z).

So far so good. Is there a similar way to alter the partition names for the local indexes (I'm looking in user_ind_partitions). Something like ALTER INDEX x RENAME PARTITION FOR y TO z.

I know I can use ALTER INDEX x RENAME PARTITION y TO z, but to do that I have to work out what partition SYS_xxxx really is.

TIA Adrian

--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops