Re: Where's Cartman when you need him.

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:46:46 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 17, 6:49 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> Just got a call from some Oracle customer rep with a difficult Indian
> accent, telling me support prices will increase 10% for those who
> don't upgrade to 11g by end of support.  I transferred him to boss,
> who asked him when, and he didn't know.  (I think it's July).
>
> Man, what a job that must be, pissing off customers and trying to get
> more money out of them.  I need a cartoon character to kick him in the
> nuts.

I'm amazed Computerworld and others haven't picked on that one either. It just goes to show how much of the "press" is simply bought, nowadays.

Now not only we pay through the nose for the licence but if we don't spend a fortune in regular upgrades, we get charged more. Time to check other db makers, I reckon...

And before the usual idiocy about using grid or oem to do "autoupgrades"  starts, for the umpteenth time: the problem is NOT the upgrade (or install) process itself! It never was. Received on Wed Feb 16 2011 - 16:46:46 CST

Original text of this message