Re: dbms_server_alert.tablespace_byt_free measures really KB?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:55:46 -0800 (PST)

Lothar:

# Setting the thresholds to 1024 and 200 the alerts disappear but I want to be sure that I get warnings if there are fewer than 1GB left and not fewer than 1MB. In the latter case there would not be enough time to react. :-)

How about some in house developed scripting to monitor for you and generate alerts as needed?

While I am an old grouchy groundhog I prefer to do critical scripting and monitoring outside of the database system. The OEM based monitoring and alerting has a place and a space ... and each to their own ... but I like to do things the old fashioned cron way! Received on Fri Feb 11 2011 - 18:55:46 CST

Original text of this message