Re: temporary space issue

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:29:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:00:20 -0800, ddf wrote:

> He's using 10.2.0.x so V$TEMPSEG_USAGE is a better view to query:
> select u.username, s.sql_fulltext, u.segtype, u.extents, u.blocks from
> v$tempseg_usage u, v$sql s
> where s.sql_id = u.sql_id;

This is a better view, because it shows the SQL that allocated the space, but I still have to join it with V$SESSION to get the SID and with the DBA_TABLESPACES to get the block size. Without block size, I can't deduce the usage in bytes. Basically, I don't think that the improvement is significant enough to change my script.