Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: prunoki <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 05:09:07 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 6:55 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 6/02/2011 9:13 AM:
>
> > On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 23:38:08 +1100, Noons wrote:
>
> >> Beg your pardon?  So, a hint that fixes a plan "introduces upgrade and
> >> maintenance issues", but a patch to fix a specific problem with the
> >> optimizer does not introduce such?
> >> Hellooooooo?
>
> > I posted that here because Postgres has recently been advertised as an
> > alternative to Oracle. It's nothing of the kind and the people ogling it
> > should be aware of that. It was foolish of me to expect otherwise. It was
> > an off topic post which otherwise doesn't belong on this group, but that
> > was the reason for me to put it here.
>
> It's good to have this sort of thing exposed.  These morons rely too much on
> their little forums where everyone jumps the same way when the whistle sounds.
> They need to be shown clearly that they are a vast minority, unlike what their
> cozy little corners lead them to believe.

Hmmm, not giving me the tools to let me solve my own problems in the way I want seems like a bad idea. And yes, migration projects can be extremely tricky that way. There is time for evil and dirty to make it work and there is time to remove them later. Received on Sun Feb 06 2011 - 07:09:07 CST

Original text of this message