Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 03:27:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:11:50 -0800, John Hurley wrote:

> If you guys were working on a Postgres migration for a year ... I would
> have guessed that early on the usage of hints in the existing
> application would have been found to have been a critical factor in
> evaluating possible migration paths.

Not only on migration. There were several projects. One was a COTS package called Testtrack by Seapine Software, another one was a little DW project, with a PHP front end and the migration came last. The migration was what failed miserably. I killed the project today. To tell the truth, the Testtrack bug tracker works beautifully, our developers have nothing but praises for it.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com