Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: John Hurley <>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:11:50 -0800 (PST)

# I have wasted more than a year, learning the product, installing it, getting it in the company and even getting the company that I work for to host two Postgres meetings, only to be told by the designers that I am so stupid that a computer program is smarter than me?

I am not understanding here.

If you guys were working on a Postgres migration for a year ... I would have guessed that early on the usage of hints in the existing application would have been found to have been a critical factor in evaluating possible migration paths.

Was this area just missed in an identification of risk factors? Received on Fri Feb 04 2011 - 18:11:50 CST

Original text of this message