Re: why does this guy use dual?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:48:10 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 8:53 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Boss:
>
> # Probably a sloppy cut&paste from a 'standard' query to get the host-
> name from dual, adding the extra info from v$instance.
>
> ... Don't think so:http://oaktable.net/users/gpmilliken
>
> Maybe someone should submit this is as a question to the Oakies ...
> there sure are a lot of them lately.
>
> I have started my own relatively exclusive group the GROUNDHOGs
> ( GRumpy Old UNderachieving Dbas HOokup Group ) ... wouldn't a
> groundhog chew on the leg of an oak table?

Maybe, but WOODCHUCKS (Weird Old Oracle DBA's Committed to Holding Up Crappily Koded Scripts) would, if they could.

We've all done silly things in public, clicking on that page from an aggregator rubbed me wrong enough to think of the old unnecessary use of cat flamage. http://partmaps.org/era/unix/award.html

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Oracle loves to maintain... high-end products... with big margins,