Re: Am I the only one annoyed by ORA- error message sites?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:38:11 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 21, 9:56 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Per the subject line, this drives me bonkers.  I have a particular
> error message for which I am searching a solution.  All I end up with
> are hits for some moron that wrote...
>
> i=1;while [ $i -le 30000]; do
>   oerr ora $i
> done
>
> ...and uploaded the output on the internet.
>
> There...now I feel better :)

Finding good information of interest can be a problem. So often your top web hits are one of "he who must not be named" 20 different heavily cross-linked web sites where the information just cannot be trusted.

I usually try to search Oracle support first, followed by OTN, and sometimes comp.databases.oracle.* before resorting to wide open searches.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jan 21 2011 - 10:38:11 CST

Original text of this message