Re: convert newlines UNIX - DOS / DOS to UNIX

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:11:46 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 12:23 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:45:53 -0800, John Hurley wrote:
> > Why do it inside a database call what the operating systems provide
> > already?
>
> Because that's what he asked about. I agree with you, I normally don't do
> it within the database.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Exactly. I also agree with you Mladen. What he should really be doing is to trim this sort of thing before ever storing it in the database. However, for every "should be" there are many other "but in THIS case..."

Sometimes ya just can't win. Received on Mon Jan 17 2011 - 16:11:46 CST

Original text of this message