Re: stale stats

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:43:22 -0800 (PST)

RF:

# We keep running into suboptimal query plans with 11g and then we run into slow queries and once we collect stats, things get better again. How can we ensure our plans dont change as such ?

... Please advice. It is very frustrating and leads to downtime of our apps..

No silver bullets but a ton of very powerful techniques and potential useful solutions these days with 11g.

You won't get very far though without investing the time and energy into coming up to speed technically with what is going on.

Work on a short term strategy and long term strategy for how you are going to manage and maintain optimizer statistics! Received on Mon Jan 17 2011 - 13:43:22 CST

Original text of this message