Re: Fun and games with Oracle Support

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:18:35 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 10, 7:04 pm, onedbguru <onedbg..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 11:08 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Mladen:
>
> > # I have a SR priority 2, ORA-07445. SR Number is 3-2695873331. They
> > haven't responded in five days. Look at this:
>
> > Ahhh the old priority 2 SR trick ... I believe 2 is known as
> > purgatory ...
>
> > Seriously maybe it depends on who you are as a customer but once
> > something is down for me in priority 2 you just know no work is going
> > to be done on it until you call and escalate and maybe re-categorize.
>
> > Some things just don't change eh?
>
> a trick to getting some attention - but not always - is send in 3
> replies within 1 hr.  This [SHOULD] automatically trigger the SR for
> someone to look at it immediately.
>
> At this point call your sales rep, support rep, support center and any
> other phone numbers you may have that may be able to help.  Take a
> look at the following link to see if there is anything that may apply
> to your situation - you probably already have, but it is worth
> mentioning here - especially the mentioning of MOSC note: Software
> bugs (i.e. Bug 4098853).  See note 342443.1 on MOSC.
>
> http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_07445_exception_encountered.htm

You do realize that you look silly by linking to any of that guys pages?

MOSC is the community on My Oracle Support, not the official support. Once again, DKB slops up. This is the person you are linking to: http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/redneck_mentor.jpg

His blog is funny though, if not safe for work or sensitive people. Barack Obonga, indeed.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/images/king_don.jpg