Re: Fun and games with Oracle Support

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 00:47:46 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 11/01/2011 1:28 AM:

> This is the fine oracle support for which they're charging 22% of the
> purchase price.

Ouch.... I truly understand what you're going through. Haven't had any probs with MOS of late but that's mostly because I avoid using it like the plague!

Won't be able to do that for much longer,this year we're embarking on a 11r2 upgrade, ASM and all thrown in.

Just got a call from our supposed CSM - apparently he's been that for 12 months and not once did he think it might be a good idea to call the dbas? - complaining that I hadn't marked Oracle as a product I'd recommend in a recent survey.
Apparently, if I pay bucketloads of moolah for a product and one of my dbas has to spend 2 weeks to work through the Grid Agent install, a product that is supposed to make his work easy, I should not complain?

I feel a few interesting times coming up... Received on Tue Jan 11 2011 - 07:47:46 CST

Original text of this message