Re: Account Locked

From: gazzag <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 02:54:24 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 31, 10:02 am, eliot06 <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Some one could tel me ?
> Sometimes a user account is locked and I do not know why?
> Can someone tell me how to log the lock?
> thank's

Check out the DBA_USERS view.

SQL> select username, account_status, lock_date from dba_users
where account_status != 'OPEN';

Possible values for ACCOUNT_STATUS are:

OPEN : account is open
EXPIRED: the password on the account has expired EXPIRED(GRACE): the password on the account has expired but there is a grace period to change the password
LOCKED(TIMED): account is locked as as there have been more than FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS unsuccessful logins

Addidionally, the ACCOUNT_STATUS can also be:

EXPIRED(GRACE) & LOCKED These are combinations of the above.

For 10gR2, more information can be found here:

-g Received on Fri Dec 31 2010 - 04:54:24 CST

Original text of this message