Re: Trace COMMIT/TRANSACTION

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Joel:

# Now even though management is entirely unwilling to give Oracle any more money than they have to, my immediate management does understand why I would want to license and use AWR - pretty pictures can be a lot more convincing than dry lists of numbers, and I think it is a useful performance tool.  How do I get free AWR licensing in a supportrenewal  only situation with a dick salesperson?  I'm under the impression the list price is just way out of line, though it's been a long time since I've even tried to figure it out.

One way to try to approach it is to work thru an Oracle Sales Partner instead of directly with Oracle.

The AWR stuff needs Enterprise Edition with the Tuning and Diagnostic packs. Received on Wed Dec 29 2010 - 14:17:00 CST

Original text of this message