Re: Trace COMMIT/TRANSACTION

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:03:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 03:55:01 -0800, valigula wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to trace commit's in oracle 11g ?, A process is
> inserting data into several database tables using hibernate, i would
> like to check if commit is done one time per all the inserts or one per
> every one.
>
> I have activated the sql_traces/tkprof, but the stats i am gaining are
> referring to every query and not to the transaction.
>
> Do i need to use AWR ? or any other tool?
>
> Thanks in advance

V$SESSION_EVENT should tell you how many times you were waiting for "log file sync". Alternatively, V$SESSTAT should tell you the number of "user commits". Accounting for the number of batches/inserts is the application responsibility. Being a DBA, I don't know much about Hibernate, but there must be a way to do explicit commits and turn off any possible implicit ones.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com