Materialized views - with commit

From: z1hou1 <z1hou1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:14:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Oracle Version:10.2.0.4 Solaris 5.10

I have a materialized view that is associated with a table and is updated on COMMIT.
When we update the tables, the log is updated as well on commit. We are not updating the columns that are associated with the log, but the log still gets updated on commit and the process gets delayed.

Is it possible in anyway to prevent the log from being committed if the associated table is updated and the columns that will cause the materialized view to be updated are not affected.

Thanking you.
z1hou1 Received on Wed Dec 22 2010 - 17:14:54 CST

Original text of this message