Re: Direct NFS anyone?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:01:45 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 22, 8:46 am, The Boss <nlt..._at_baasbovenbaas.demon.nl> wrote:

> You must be one of those "Manly Men" Kevin Closson wrote about 3,5
> years ago:http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/06/14/manly-men-deploy-oracle-...http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/manly-men-only-deploy-or...
>
> http://www.nd.edu/~sheridan/Neander%20Valley/Neander%20Valley-Pages/I...
> <d&r>

Yes, but there is such a thing as "context". Kevin is talking about 11g. I am not using 11g, so NFS is taken with a great big grain of salt at this stage.

And Kevin says nothing about using it in with various databases connected to the same storage facility. His blog talks about a single db test.
Things are different when you need to connect Peoplesoft and DW and DSS to the same fabric...

But I remain open to dNFS. With 11gr2. Sometime next year, if all goes well. Received on Tue Dec 21 2010 - 16:01:45 CST

Original text of this message