Re: Direct NFS anyone?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:05:11 +1100

Gerard H. Pille wrote,on my timestamp of 20/12/2010 11:57 PM:

>>> Or is nobody using it?
>>
>> Count 1 here.
>
> It feels great not to be alone. We can form a duo.
>
> We're testing with Oracles Linux on VMWare, database files hosted by NetApp.
>
> Too many variables to locate the bottleneck. When I ran my test yesterday
> evening, having all systems to myself, performance was 4 times better than
> during working hours.

Errr.... I meant: count 1 not using it.
We might have to, if the new hardware ends up being Netapp. But I'm sticking to iscsi and/or fc for the time being, until someone proves to me d-nfs can do everything it promises at all times. We all know lab conditions are not real life ones... Received on Tue Dec 21 2010 - 06:05:11 CST

Original text of this message