Re: Schema Design.

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:52:47 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 10, 9:14 am, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonat..._at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> "Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:32:45 +1100, Noons wrote:
>
> >> ust use this:
> >>http://blogs.oracle.com/mdm/2010/12/oracles_global_single_schema.html
>
> >> (yegawds, is there no limit to the idiocy of these people?...)
>
> > I like the picture: one schema to rule them all, one schema to find them,
> > one schema to bring them all and in EBS bind them...
>
> For the purposes of scansion I think you need a little poetic licence here:
>
> One scheme to rule them all, one scheme to find them,
> one scheme to bring them all and in the E-Biz bind them.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewishttp://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Wow, I've already learnt two things today. (Or three, if you count learnt, which google groups thinks is incorrect.)

From E. Britannica: "The purpose of scansion is to enhance the reader's sensitivity to the ways in which rhythmic elements in a poem convey meaning. Deviations in a poem's metrical pattern are often significant to its meaning. "

From merriam-webster.com: "Definition of SCHEME 1
a archaic (1) : a mathematical or astronomical diagram (2) : a representation of the astrological aspects of the planets at a particular time b : a graphic sketch or outline 2
: a concise statement or table : epitome 3
: a plan or program of action; especially : a crafty or secret one 4
: a systematic or organized configuration"

So _that's_ where you got your plan visualization method :-)

Noons, Mladen and Jonathan: the scheme meme dream team!

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/dec/09/traffic-plans-bomb-factory-house-burn/