Re: SQL query

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 05:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Mladen:

# John, personal argument is an ancient oratory trick. It's so old that it even has a Latin name, "argumentum ad hominem". Unfortunately, accusing me for having my mind made up can in no way invalidate any my arguments.

I was not trying to argue dude. You have strong opinions and are entitled to any and all of them.

I was trying to point out that it takes a lot of time and energy and dedication to develop quality technical presentations for any audience ... whether that is in a "formal semi affiliated" Oracle User Group or some other manner.

Nuno appears to have gone off the "semi affiliated" pathway and still be contributing ... points to him for that effort.

User groups without a lot of people taking time to develop quality presentations can fall into accepting a lot of marketing based presentations from the local Oracle people ... that's just the way the ball bounces. Received on Wed Dec 08 2010 - 07:07:59 CST

Original text of this message