Re: SQL query

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Mladen:

# There is no more sense of community, OUG meetings are now a sheer marketing push, without any really useful technical information.

Which OUG are you talking about specifically? The IOUG or ???

The local groups vary tremendously but any of the local ones probably vary quite a bit topic by topic meeting by meeting.

It takes time and energy and motivation to present to the local user groups and obviously the quality of presentations depends on not only those 3 factors but also the person presenting and along with their presentation skills ( if any ) how much deep techical useable knowledge they have.

In other words ... if you think you have things to contribute technically get out there!

I have been a member of my user group for almost 15 years and an officer for the last 4 years. It does take committed people to keep these groups flourishing or even just still meeting.

Many of the meetings unfortunately do at times run out of presenters ... and at that time it is easy enough to borrow the use of one of the local Oracle people who often do put together a presentation light on the technical side and more biased toward sales. Received on Fri Dec 03 2010 - 10:45:50 CST

Original text of this message