Re: Firing Sequence in D2K

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:23:39 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 2:06 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 4:01 am, Sonal <sonu.oa..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Q= What is the firing sequence in oracle forms of the below triggers:
> > - On-Insert
> > - On-Delete
> > - On-Update
>
> > when in forms, we insert, delete and update the transactions
> > simultaneously of the same block.
>
> > regards
> > Sonu
>
> In addition to what Joel suggested, you can always turn on trace for
> the session and review it to absolutely verify the order.

Empirical tests like that are why people conclude things like you don't need an order by to get stuff out of a database in the same order you put it in. You always need to know the limits of your instrumentation. That said, tracing is maybe the best you can do, when combined with edge cases. Which pushes the question to defining the edge cases.

I can understand tkyte's aversion to triggers.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
What do you call it when you do the same thing over and over expecting