Sql Query to compare two select statements

From: Mubashir <mubashirahmadcu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:29:28 -0800 (PST)

Description
I am looking for a simple oracle SQL query to compare results of two select statements, and write result to text file. (I am open for any other simpler solution instead of writing to text file. I don't have Admin access, but can create a new table if required).

I will pass array of two ids expected_id and current_id example :
expected_id[] = { exp1, exp2, exp3 }
current_id[] = { curr_id1, curr_id2, curr_id3 }

Compare two select statements like
example :
select * from out_pv where job_run_id=exp1 select * from out_pv where job_run_id=curr_id1

select * from out_pv where job_run_id=exp2 select * from out_pv where job_run_id=curr_id2

select * from out_pv where job_run_id=exp3 select * from out_pv where job_run_id=curr_id3

row by row and values col by col :

If count is not same - print - Status = "Failed" - remarks = "count is not same
If count is same
Compare two select statements row by row and values col by col and if all are same
Print - Status = "Passed" -remakrs = "Test passed" If values are not same - keep comparing till end print Status= "Test Failed - remarks "expected row # and curr row #: exp value comma curr value" Received on Sat Nov 27 2010 - 09:29:28 CST

Original text of this message