Re: Any Experiences of 11r2 Win2k8R2/ ->crash recovery

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:11:30 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 17, 6:39 am, "Jack" <n..._at_INVALIDmail.com> wrote:
> After restart (Win7-64b =about 2k8R2:)  rdbms alerts "Beginning crash
> recovery"
> I think it (OS) does not shutdown database, there was somewere
> some bat-file when shutding down OP.
> Or what could fix this?

Check your Services applet. Start -> Run -> Services.msc

There should be a service called "OracleService<instance_name>". This service is responsible for starting and stopping the Oracle instance. As John Hurley suggested, I would ensure that this service is set to "manual".

Then I would shut the database down, rename the current alert log and reboot the server. Check your Event Log after startup for any clues, then start the Oracle service you set to manual above then re-examine the alert log.

HTH
-g Received on Wed Nov 17 2010 - 08:11:30 CST

Original text of this message