How to test a query, that is slow only the first time it's executed

From: Maikku <kangasmaki_at_netti.fi>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 03:51:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I found many posts about this problem, but didn't find a simple answer.

I use 10.2 database. I have couple of complex queries/database procedures that are very slow when I run them first time a day. Second run is fast. When I try to optimize the queries I want to get the slowest run and I've tried ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED POOL and ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH BUFFER_CACHE but they don't seem to help. Is there a simple way to do this (cannot restart the database or make tablespace offline) ?

Regards,
Maija-Leena Received on Mon Nov 15 2010 - 05:51:06 CST

Original text of this message