Tora 2.13 woes

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:37:51 +0000 (UTC)

I am an avid user of tora, the open source TOAD lookalike which works on both Windows and Linux. Windows version installs seamlessly, with no problem, but Linux version wasn't compiling. I am glad to report that the compilation problems with the tora-2.1.3 have been solved. You shouldn't, however, download the tar.bz2 file, that still doesn't compile. Extracting the code from subversion by issuing the following command will work:

svn co https://tora.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tora/tags/tora-2.1.3 tora

That will extract version 2.1.3 to the subdirectory tora. There is no "configure" script, but you can create it by issuing the following command:
 ./autogen.sh configure.ac

After that, it links properly. Of course, you still need the proper versions of QT4, QScintilla, automake and all the other stuff installed. I was able to compile it on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.10 as well as on CentOS 5.5.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com