Re: procedure: expand all input arguments

From: okey <oldyork90_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 20, 4:32 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 11:57 am, okey <oldyor..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a generic way to expand all a procedure's input arguments.
> > We'd
> > like to create a general routine in our exception blocks that
> > report all the procedure input argument names and values.  Unix shell
> > has $*, or
> > something like that; other languages have stack access, arguement
> > arrays and such.
> > Possible?
>
> Not the way you want to do it, however there are three views you could
> use to get such information:
>
> DBA_ARGUMENTS
> ALL_ARGUMENTS
> USER_ARGUMENTS
>
> These will provide the argument names and passed values for packages,
> procedures and functions.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Thank you David, but you're such a tease. What do you mean, "not the way to do it". Please suggest alternatives. We log errors in production systems. We need more information to investigate these errors. Collecting input values has been useful. Received on Thu Oct 21 2010 - 08:32:20 CDT

Original text of this message